The wine cellar can act as a perfect icebreaker when you are going to welcome friends and relative at your home. Just imagine the moment when you will host a small wine tasting party at your place. It will make you feel like you have climbed the social stature you have always desired. Some people dream of a beautiful wine cellar but are scared of the idea of owning a home wine cellar due to the expenses. Don’t go for the look! These days, beautiful wine cellars can be developed at an affordable budget. Therefore, a beautiful design may deceive you by making you think it would be a costly affair. All you need is a thorough research. You should consider certain factors about wine cellar racks and storage unit to get a functional and elegant wine room within your house.
1. Once you have made up your mind about making a wine cellar, you need a little education about wine storage, wine chemistry, and other general facts, which are relevant. This research part is very important and you should not skip this particular section. It comes before anything else. The first thing you should learn is the temperature required for your wine storage. Wine is very sensitive to temperature and climate changes. It would be better if you can avoid rapid fluctuation of temperature and humidity level. When the wine is exposed to such fluctuation, its chemistry can change over the time. Expansion and contraction of the cork can lead you to wine seeping out. Moreover, you should make sure that your wine collection is not in the direct touch of air. Air alone is enough to ruin your precious collection. During the wine cellar construction, it is important to consider these requirements seriously.
2. Next, you should consider the location where you want to build the cellar. If you want to build it in your basement and flooring is based on concrete, you should lay down a concrete sealer for the insulation process. It will prevent any fumes from entering the wine racks. It will make the fumes aired out in no time. Except for the underground floors, every floor requires insulation with R-19 fiberglass along with a polyethylene sheet that can function like a vapor barrier.
3. Wall plays a vital role in restoring the original state of your wine. After all, you need to install the wine cellar racks in the walls. You should pick a design that includes a wall that is suitable for storing your wine. These days, many people are storing their wine collection in their kitchen or basement. In such a case, you can do nothing with the walls. In such a case, you should select wine racks that can maintain the ideal environment required for wine storage. Nowadays, wine cooling units are available in the size of small refrigerators. If you lack ample space, this is the best choice for you. To make your investment in this cooling refrigerator worthwhile, you should look for certain features, such as:
• Sizes and shapes of cooling units that can fit well into your racks
• A split system that is comprised of a condensing unit and an evaporator unit
• Easy-to-install cooling systems
• Ducted air-handler cooling processor
A Final Takeaway
After going through this article, you can understand that many alternatives are available before you that can help you get a cost-effective yet functional wine storage within your home. In order to ensure the performance efficiency, you should use only the high-quality cooling solutions. If you sacrifice of cooling unit, later you may have to spend excessive money on repairing or you may find your collection destroyed.